Winscombe and Banwell Family Practice
Winscombe Surgery, Hillyfields Way, Winscombe, North Somerset, BS25 1AF
Banwell Surgery, Westfield Road, Banwell, North Somerset, BS29 6AD
Emergencies, and Out of Hours Call 111
Winscombe - 01934 842211
Banwell - 01934 820113
OPENING TIMES WINSCOMBE (open for booking appointments from 8.30 am)
Mon: 8.00am - 6.30pm
Tue: 7.00am - 6.30pm
Wed: 7.00am - 6.30pm
Thu: 8.00am - 6.30pm
Fri: 7.00am - 6.30pm
OPENING TIMES BANWELL
Mon: 8.30am - 1.00 pm and 3.30 - 5.30pm
Tue: 8.30am - 1.00 pm and 3.30 - 5.30pm
Wed: 8.30am - 1.00 pm and 3.30 - 5.30pm
Thu: 8.30am - 1.00 pm only
Fri: 8.30am - 1.00 pm and 3.30 - 5.30 pm
Sun : Closed
Winscombe - 01934 842211 Banwell - 01934 820113
Can be ordered via post, in person or via our website. You can also ask to register for the Patient Access service to order your medication and book appointments on line. Please note we do not take orders for prescriptions over the phone. Please allow 2 working days for your prescription to be ready.
Practice Manager – Tracey Ftzpatrick
Finance Manager – Valerie Allnutt
Assistant to the Practice Manager - Zena Kindred
Secretaries – Cath Hanley and Rita Wyatt
Reception Supervisor – Sharon Crewe
Winscombe and Banwell Surgery
Dr John Jackson
Dr Matthew Paul
Dr Ruth Colson
Dr Trudi Withey
Dr Madeleine Edwards (Salaried)
Dr Nikki Howard (Salaried)
Dr Katie Ellison (Salaried )
Dr Darren Cox (Salaried)
Alex Richards- Advanced Nurse Practitioner / Lead Nurse
Lyn Binding - Practice Nurse
Jane Gomm - Practice Nurse
Anna Smith- Practice Nurse
Celia Miall - Practice Nurse
Liz Ockwell - Healthcare Assistant
Leanne Coles - Healthcare Assistant
Patient’s Rights to General Medical Services
- To be offered a health check on joining a doctor’s list for the first time.
- To have appropriate drugs and medicine prescribed.
- To be referred to a Consultant acceptable to them when they and their GP thinks it is necessary, and to be referred for a second opinion if they and their GP think it is advisable.
- To have access to their health records, subject to any limitations of the law, and to know that those working for the NHS are under a legal duty to keep those records confidential.
- To choose whether to take part in research or medical student training.
- To receive a copy of their doctors practice leaflet, setting out the services that he or she provides.
- To receive a full and prompt reply to any complaints they make about the care they receive at the Winscombe and Banwell Family practice.
Winscombe and Banwell Family Practice Philosophy:
We aim to offer the highest standard of health care and advice to our patients with the resources available to us.
We have a team approach to patient care and endeavour to monitor the service provided to patients to ensure that it meets current standards of excellence.
If you are unable to attend for an appointment please let us know so that we can offer it to someone else.
If you are late for your appointment you may be asked to rebook at another time. Try to let us know in advance if you are going to be unavoidably delayed, so that we can make alternative arrangements to help you.
A home visit should only be requested for those who are unable to come to the surgery because of serious illness or infirmity.
An urgent appointment is for an urgent medical problem. Please speak to the receptionist if you require a sick note or repeat prescription.
We would ask you to be patient if the doctor is running late. This is often due to unforeseeable emergencies but please ask for an explanation from the receptionist.
Make a separate appointment for each patient that needs to be seen. This allows the doctor enough time to treat each patient with the time that they deserve.
Please act in a responsible and courteous manner whilst on the practice premises for the safety and comfort of others.
Please treat all surgery staff, fellow patients, carers and visitors politely and with respect. Violence or verbal harassment will not be tolerated or accepted, you may be asked to register at another surgery if this behaviour occurs.
Our Practice Charter
- You will be treated with courtesy and respect by all practice personnel.
- An urgent appointment with a doctor or nurse Practitioner will be available on the same day.
- A non-urgent appointment with a doctor will be offered within 24 hours
- Our standard is to see 80% of patients within 20 minutes of their appointment time. If you have waited longer than this please ask the receptionist for an explanation.
- We aim to answer the telephone within five rings.
- An appointment with a practice nurse will be available within three working days.
- Requests for repeat prescriptions will be dealt with within 48 hours. Requests can be made in person, in writing, or via our website.
- Patients can ask to register for our Patient Access service which allows them to book appointments, order medication and see aspects of their own medical record on line.
- All comments and suggestions about the service are welcome. Please use the box provided in the waiting area.
- We offer patients the opportunity to give us feedback via the Friends and Family Test surveys, available at both surgeries.
- If you have a complaint please speak to the Practice Manager or any member of staff. Your complaint will be dealt with in a professional and efficient manner.
- We wish to make the Winscombe and Banwell Family practice as accessible as possible. If you have hearing, visual or physical difficulties please let the receptionist know so that we can enable you to fully use our services.